Saturday

busy busy.

Wow! I haven't posted in a while!
it's been a busy summer. Er... really I should say a slow summer with weeks of extreme business! 
The first part of the summer was busy in preparing for our Youth camp.
Ok so because of youth camps being so expensive, our church decided to put on our own. this year it was just our church but because it went so well we will most likely will have other churches joining us next year.
So the camp was... well amazing. I have never been to youth camp before... and this year I had the privilege of going as a  camp leader/counselor. I was also a bible study leader. I grew a lot closer to the youth in my group, and learned quite a bit from them. The theme of the week was what our soul craves (we went through Erwin McManus' book). I may post more about that week later


So next up is a mission trip to Conneticut. I am soo excited for this. I went last year (and it was my first mission trip) and it was such a blessing. the only thing I'm NOT so excited about is a 2-day Bus trip up there. day and night. with 30 people. but even though it might be cramped... it still should be fun.(:


and then... at the beginning of August I am going to a pre-teen camp, where I will be the photographer for the week, and a friend of mine the videographer. (:
Each night we put together a short video with pictures and clips of the day so that the kids can see themselves the next day. Then at the end of the week we make one of the whole week, and burn them on DVD's to give to each church group that came so that when they come home they have an already made video to show their church if they would like.
I did this last year, and I am so excited to see the kids that we got close to!


oh and in a few weeks our puppet group is doing a show at a library, and we only have two weeks to prepare! So needless to say my mother and I, have been busy writing and making all the props to a whole new show... pretty hectic!


well that's all for now, although I'm sure something else will be added to the list...
but I'm excited about what God has accomplished, and what he has in store!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Samantha,
    I'm so glad you've been enjoying your summer. It sounds like you've had a lot of amazing opportunities so far! ...And it also sounds like you're going to have many more. ;)

    I'm excited about all that God has accomplished for you as well. We never really know what He has in store--but we do know it will always be to His glory, and for the good of those who love Him and have been called according to His purpose, don't we? =)

    God bless, dear friend!! And thank you for keeping our family in your prayers. :)

    <3 Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. We will be praying for you and everyone going on the mission trip. Please share about it when you get back!

    ReplyDelete