Thursday

Busy Little Creative Bee.

I have been feeling particularly creative lately,and have taken to re-purposing a lot of my clothing. It's so much fun taking something that I maybe didn't really like, and then putting my style into it, and making it something that i never want to take off! Also I have been taking clothes that weren't so modest, and using scrap fabric to change that. I might post some before and after pictures later.

Getting the Idea from this blog, I've been making these cute little fabric flowers. I've been using them for my hair, but could use these to put on clothes, bags, etc. Just love the idea.

I cut out some "flower shapes" from fabric...


and then put the edges of the flowers just above the flame of a candle, so that the heat curls the edges...
Then sew them together with a few beads in the middle and ...Viola!
Here's a few I have already made...


I love 'em.(:

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Those flowers are too cute!!
    ...Very creative! I would definitely
    wear those in my hair too. :D You
    did a great job making them, Samantha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, cool idea. Those would look really cute on a purse or cardigan! So creative.
    Glad I saw you have a new blog. I'll change my link. :)
    Love ya!

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those flowers... so pretty!!! =)

    ReplyDelete